question

t0mb0 avatar image
t0mb0 asked

BMV 712 fuse

My BMV712 has stopped working. I suspect the fuse may have gone. What rating is the fuse so I know what to replace it with?

Thanks very much,

Tom

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@t0mb0, T1AL250V

If replacing the fuse doesn't work, get in touch with your distributor and they'll have a troubleshooting protocol for the BMV/shunt PCB/display head.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

i8dbbq avatar image i8dbbq commented ·

I'm wondering about your answer, Justin. My 712 came with 100mA fuses, not 1A. The T1AL250 is a 1 amp fuse. Is there something I'm missing? (I came here because I blew one of the 100mA fuses too and needed more info about the fuses.)

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ i8dbbq commented ·

@I8DBBQ, The original 100mA fuses should be replaced with a 1A fuse; since the original shipments of those it's been found that the 100mA fuses are prone to voltage drop and other issues over the course of their life, so they should be replaced with the 1A fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·
i8dbbq avatar image i8dbbq Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for this important info!

0 Likes 0 ·
jrtf83 avatar image jrtf83 Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

This IS great to know, as my original 100ma fuse just blew. Does it matter if the replacement is slow blow or fast blow?

0 Likes 0 ·
rozdef avatar image
rozdef answered ·

Not an answer, but this leads me to another question:

How does one locate/remove the fuse? I see no way to disassemble the BMV 702 I own.

Yay for fixing instead of replacing!

2 |3000

bruces avatar image
bruces answered ·

The fuse is in the red (pos) wire that connects to the shunt.

2 |3000