question

Keith Arnold avatar image
Keith Arnold asked

What error from Fronius inverter

17Perth_20190819-1000_to_20190819-1507 1.pdfI am getting error in VRM data for the inverter but no code. Normally during the night i would get low pv error codes and the like. but in the day every now and then i have Error but no code.

Multi with a Fronius Primo on the AC out 1. grid. the Fronius is on the router via an ethernet cable. so comms should not be an issue? how can i track down this error message?

attached a sample of data.

Froniuserror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Keith Arnold, was this resolved? If not, then I’m quite sure that this a known Fronius issue: when the fronius databus is overloaded this might happen; nothing to worry about but it does mess up the graphs.

We’re working on a fix; expected somewhere in 2020 Q1 or Q2.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Keith Arnold avatar image Keith Arnold commented ·

The error still persists. It seems to only be the information of amount of pv and does not noticeably influence the control, if at all. But jaa great if it can be cleaned up. And yes it is related to the timeout question.

If i dont get an answer to one i try a different w, related

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Keith Arnold commented ·

Hi Keith, our developer documentation about this issue is here: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/549.

note that a fronius firmware update might also help solve the problem.

and in case of an external datamanager, rather than built in like common in the primo, also check cabling. See in that ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
Keith Arnold avatar image Keith Arnold mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I keep my firmware up to date. Tried both cable and wifi, same results. Data manager is inside.

Sure there will be a way to resolve it.

0 Likes 0 ·