question

daniel1976 avatar image
daniel1976 asked

Multiplus II GX LCD display backlight is always on

Hi Community,

my Multiplus II GX LCD Display backlight is always on. The manual says:

"When the GX Card is on, pushing the button beside the screen will increase the brightness of the backlight. The backlight will dim itself again after 5 minutes."

My backlight never dims. When I push the button beside the screen it just cycles through the different info parameteres.

Is that "backlight always on" a known bug or can I deactivate it somewhere ?

Thanks and Best regards

Daniel

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) this is an interesting one.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey both, took me a while, but the answer is that is no option to switch it off. Its simply impossible in the current hardware design.

What there is, are two modes: "dimmed" and "on": but yes it should dim; and it does dim on the units I tested.

3 comments
2 |3000

daniel1976 avatar image daniel1976 commented ·

Hi Matthijs,

thank you for your investigation. Where do I find the "dimmed" an "on" modes ? Do I have to activate them ? I have VenusOS 2.42

Not a big issue anyway, I was just concerned that the lighting may fade over time if switched on for 24/7.

Other than this I am very happy with my Multiplus II GX. Very innovative product for my lead batteries on PV.

Best regards

Daniel

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ daniel1976 commented ·

Hi Daniel, it can’t be configured; its fixed to switch on in a button press, and go back to being dimmed after five minutes of no button pressing

0 Likes 0 ·
jack-beach avatar image jack-beach mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, I am having the same issue in that the backlight is on fully bright 25/7. Is there any fix for this? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
diaan avatar image
diaan answered ·

My backlight on 3000 GX does not dim at all.

Any suggestions?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic