question

sy-woodwind avatar image
sy-woodwind asked

Venus GX system off and limited data displayed

Hi there, I have a Phoenix Smart, and MPPT Smart and a Phoenix inverter all connected happily via Ve.Bus (one USB) and two temp. sensors and showing data in the textual overview but the system shows off in the colourful widget screen and all I see is battery voltage. Have I connected something wrong?

VE.Busgx device
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sy-woodwind avatar image sy-woodwind commented ·

Sorry, meant to say: AC and solar charger and inverter (3)

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @SY Woodwind

You need a VE.bus connected inverter or Multi / Quattro for that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sy-woodwind avatar image
sy-woodwind answered ·

Sorry @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) but as per my question, they are all connected via Ve.Bus, just that one of the units needed to use a USB port on the GX because there are three devices and only two Ve.Bus ports on the GX.

Are you saying that the inverter (Ve.Bus via USB) needs to be native Ve.Bus?

1 comment
2 |3000

My apologies, I missed that you have a ve.direct version of the Phoenix. You mention ve.bus but it actually is called ve.direct (ve.bus uses rj45 connecters)

These ve.direct inverters indeed do not show up on the screen like a ve.bus inverter does.

You should also see the MPPT numbers on the bottom right side of the screen btw.

0 Likes 0 ·
sy-woodwind avatar image
sy-woodwind answered ·

Thanks @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) would I get better info if I merely upgraded the Ve.Direct Phoenix Inverter 12/375 or would I need to upgrade the 12/50(3) Smart Charger as well, in which case I'd probably be better off with a MultiPlus.

The other option is to get rid of the GX unit and just use Smart Networking.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

What is VE.Bus?