question

notger avatar image
notger asked

CCGX compatible BMS Device for 6s Li-ion batteries ?

Hi,

Id like to change my Lead-acid 24 Volta battery to a 24Volt Li-ion Tesla batterie module.

Each module consists of six "cells" of nominal 3.6vdc consisting of 74 Panasonic NCA 18650 cylindrical battery cells of approximately 3.2 Ah capacity in parallel. This 6S74P configuration then features a nominal voltage of 21.6v at 233 Ampere-hours for 5032 Watt-hour capacity.

Expl.: https://hsrmotors.com/products/battery_modules

So the Question, do you know of any BMS system that is compatible to the CCGX.

Maybe even with DVCC functionality, or just logging and monitoring.

Greets and thanks

Gernot

BMSCCGX Color ControlDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @notger, have a look at this http://www.rec-bms.com/BMS.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

notger avatar image
notger answered ·

this thing looks great, exacting the price

what is shown at the ccgx..if the recbms is connected ? could someone post a screenshot,cause in the manual or in the website i could not find anything about the functionality comined with the ccgx

do you see the individual cell voltages, or if there is balancing going on.

will balancing be logged and visible in the vrmportal to find out about the balance habbits of the batterie

greets and thanks

2 |3000

gyrogypsy avatar image
gyrogypsy answered ·

The www.electrodacus.com BMS is better, cheaper, and has the best customer support of any company I have ever dealt with. I am using two SBMS0 with two Tesla S batteries in my Navion RV. Works excellent.

2 |3000

kevstone122 avatar image
kevstone122 answered ·

Hello!

I have the same problem now. I just searching for an BMS which is communicating with the Victron cerbo.
Now i have an 17S LiFePo4 Battery with an "Chargery BMS" and the main problem is the missing communication with the victron system.

Two Problems:

• Its hard to charge them very fast with different absorber and float voltage because victron has not the correct parameter for my opinion. You cannot change the voltages according some time or re-bulk settings. It's important to do it with the SOC level. So if the Battery is at 20% you can use more charge current then at 90%.
    Over all it's the problem with the cell voltage differences. Of course there is a balancer, but if we are at the end of the Lithium cells the voltage will rise up very fast and then the BMS shut down. To catch this point correct is very hard. So there must be an controller to regulate the charging according the 30-50mV cell differences. If the voltage difference starts to rise up, then we need to reduce the charging --> give the balancer some time to regulate them back.
  • SOC Level of BMS and Victron shunt is not always the same. This happen on cloudy days and there are often charge and discharge changes because of the weather. So they drift and then the same happen. Maybe BMS is at 20% and Victron at 25%. Then BMS shut down before Victron system wants this.

This problems can solve which BMS? You have any easy idea? Like Plug and Play to connect with the cells and cerbo.
I also want so see some screenshots what we will see on the Touch Screen from Cerbo. Each cell, temperature and so on?

2 |3000