question

Preben Hansen avatar image
Preben Hansen asked

basic settings vitronconnect

I am brand new in terms of victron charge controller. Also here I never get used lifepo4 batteries but only gel.

There's so much new thermonology that I don't quite understand, and I'm not very good at technical English.

I bought a smart isolate 100/30. a Victron Energy Smart Battery Sense and 4 pcs 190 ah lifepo4 cells, and am very unsure how to set this in victron connect.

the specifications of the batteries are:

Product Name: Lithium iron phosphate cell

Shell Material : Aluminum

Rated capacity: 190Ah

Minimum capacity: 190Ah

Internal impedance: 0.1 ~ 0.3mΩ

Nominal voltage: 3.2V

Dimensions (L * W * H): 174 * 54 * 207mm

Weight: 4.0 ± 0.10kg

Recommend Constant Current: 190A (1C)

End-of-Discharge Voltage: 2.5V

Recommend Constant Current: 95A (0.5C)

Charge Voltage: 3.65V

Maximum Pulse Discharging Current : 528A

Charge Voltage: 3.65V

Max Continuous Discharge Current: 190A (1C)

Cycle life (80% DOD): 4000 cycles

Charging Temperature : -5 ~ 60 ° C

Discharging Temperature : -30 ~ 60 ° C

Is there someone who can guide me, this way down to the beginning stage so that I can make this work in my caravan

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Do you have any cell balancers, or BMS to suit the cells?

0 Likes 0 ·
Preben Hansen avatar image Preben Hansen klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Not yet, but it will arive in a few days

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi PH,

You will find that people are not going to recommend any charging details, other than what your battery manufacturer recommends (details ???) or Victron pre-sets (very safe starting point).

Recommendations.

Have a good multimeter on hand. If you don't have one buy a DC clampmeter for a few dollars more.

Return the Smart battery sense, and buy a BMV712. The 712 is recommended for Li batteries, will network with the Smartsolar 100/30 to provide voltage compensation, and batt temp details. You cant get any sense of the batteries state of charge from voltage alone.

Fully charge each cell individually before bolting them into a battery. Hobby chargers (or bench power supply) are good for this. Monitor this closely.

Strap or bolt your cells tightly. Swollen cells are fubar.

TBC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.