question

bernie-bare avatar image
bernie-bare asked

BMV shows discharge while charging

Have connected a 5KW Honda generator and after the power line on a Multiplus 48/5000, and in both cases, the batteries start to discharge. Have checked all connections of Multiplus and BMV with the suppliers and, everything seems normal. I'm off-grid and have 8 Vicron 220AH batteries. Can someone help? Thanks.

battery chargingGeneratordischarge level
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bernie-bare avatar image bernie-bare commented ·

I also have a Low SOC alarm. Don't know if related...

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
bernie-bare avatar image
bernie-bare answered ·

Have found what was wrong. The shunt was mounted the wrong way. I reversed the connectors (battery & load) and it works fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ah common mistake, thank you for reporting back!

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Bernie_bare

That sounds strange! are you running any assistants? no grid-code I presume?

do you have a GX device? and if so: Is the system online?

When connecting with MK3 to a laptop, you can also see what is going on with Victron Connect or VE.Configure.

2 |3000

bernie-bare avatar image
bernie-bare answered ·

Hi Daniël.

Thanks for your message.

We have connected the system with an MK3 and review alla the parameters with the vendor.

Everything is set to normal values...

We have checked the quality of the power on both generator and power line, and it's in the range.

The chargers led on the multiplus switch on while the batteries loose their charges, from 76 to 74%.

Don't know what to do.

And at the end of the day, I have notices for the first time, that Solar panel yield is 0. When weather like today, I usually have minimum 800W produced...

Low SOC alarm is on, but don't know why...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bernard

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Bernie_bare

No without measurements, (and screenshots, pictures, etc) I cannot say anything.

You say you have a BMV, what does that read, etc. etc.

But I think you'll be helped best by an electrician / installer that has experience with Victron products, he / she can look at everything and help determine what is going on.

Also you can try a different generator, and read this page:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic