question

qtreiber247 avatar image
qtreiber247 asked

Do anyone have experiance to connect a frequencyshifter to 24DCV/230ACV system?

Hello,

I´d like to connect a frequencyshifter to a 24VDC/230VAC system to drive a 3 phase Motor with about 0,8kW motor power. Do anyone have experiance with such a system?

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Do you mean to connect a motor drive to the output of a MultiPlus?

Something like this:

If this is what you mean then yes, I use a drive like this to turn the motor on my lathe. My MultiPlus 24 / 3000 is the source.

1575901044041.png (1.4 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

qtreiber247 avatar image qtreiber247 commented ·

That is exactly what i mean.

I think that you are using VFC with a 230V input with one phase.

The motor is a three phase motor with 230V coils. Is that correct?

How much power do your motor produce [kW]? Do you have also the other datas of the motor. (i.e. current, cos pi, rpm and so on? How much power do your VFC (inverter) have?

This informations were very importent for me.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
qtreiber247 avatar image
qtreiber247 answered ·

That is exactly what i mean.

I think that you are using VFC with a 230V input with one phase.

The motor is a three phase motor with 230V coils. Is that correct?

How much power do your motor produce [kW]? Do you have also the other datas of the motor. (i.e. current, cos pi, rpm and so on? How much power do your VFC (inverter) have?

This informations were very importent for me.

Thank you in advance.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

In my application it is a 0.75KW motor configured as 240V 3PH.

You need to choose the VFD appropriate for the motor. The Victron MultiPlus / Quattro or inverter (you did not say what you will be using here) that you plan to power the VFD with only needs to provide enough power to the VFD,
The MultiPlus / Quattro does not see or care about the motor, only the VFD. The VFD cares about the motor.

So, just choose a MultiPlus or Quattro to suit the power requirements of the VFD.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic