question

jpd avatar image
jpd asked

BMV-712 Smart 10 days

When my travel trailer is fully charged (one 100 amp Battery) the days remaining reads 10 days,which is correct. As the battery is being used and the volts go down and AH usage increases the days remains still says 10 days it never goes down. The monitor was working fine until I ran the battery dead,I forgot and left something on.

So I recharged the battery and all is well except the 10 days never reads less. Can any one help me correct this..?

JP

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

It sounds like the shunt is wired backwards?

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Quickinstallsheet_BMV70x_part1_2.pdf

Plz check the shunt and report back.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jpd avatar image jpd commented ·

It has been working for 6 months I have not changed anything. Then the battery went completely dead and when I recharged it , it is always reading 10 days no matter if it’s full charge or 50% dead

JP

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@JPD I'd suggest doing a reset on the device - or have you tried that already? It's in VictronConnect>Settings>Reset to Defaults. You'll have to re-program your battery settings after you do that, of course, but I'd give that (as well as make sure the FW is updated, if you haven't already) before anything else, as that will reset the logic that may have gotten effed up a bit with your unintentional complete discharge.

If it's still misbehaving after that, it's worth getting in touch with your distributor for additional troubleshooting and/or warranty service.

2 |3000