question

lars-h avatar image
lars-h asked

Skylla IP44 in power supply mode.

We are running a Skylla IP44 in power supply mode. On the load side we have a battery and an electronic device. The battery is protected by a breaker and when this is switched off we experience a voltage drop on the output, resulting the connected load to switch off. I my head the output voltage should stay steady in Power supply mode. Any settings to change or is this how it Works?

Skylla
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

george2064 avatar image george2064 commented ·

I am trying to understand the "power supply mode" as well. Can somebody explain with simple terms why I would want that? Also which parameter is it in the Setup?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Lars H

Did you find the cause of the voltage drop? to what voltage did it drop?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lars-h avatar image
lars-h answered ·

Yes we actually did. The information provided by the customer was not correct. It turned out that the voltage increased when the breaker was swithced off, alternating between 32 - 34V and causing the load to switch off. The voltage sense was Connected on the batteries so when the breaker was switch off the voltage Reading was below nominal causing the Skylla to increase the voltage .

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic