question

phil91 avatar image
phil91 asked

NO PV (orange box) showing on color control GX

i have color control GX with victron blue solar MPPT, multiplus inverter and BMV702 connected . i am unable to get any solar PV display showing on the LCD color control panel. i have swapped VE direct leads and even tried another blue solar MPPT. the MPPT seems to be working fine and charging the batteries etc ,, but cannot get any connection to the panel. i even spliced back one of the VE direct leads and did a continuity check which all seemed fine, however was surpised to see the +5v power on the BLACK wire and GND on the RED wire, but all the DC polarity is correct at the plugs. Am i missing something in the setup/option perhaps ?? Victron gear is all new to me although i do have electronics understanding so im not a complete newbie. any ideas ?

solargx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

hi,

check that the mppt is set for "normal communication" in the VE direct port settings.

settings > tx port function > normal communication.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

phil91 avatar image
phil91 answered ·

Ok just an update .. chasing for tail for a day or two and the problem ended up being the data RX/TX on the VE Direct cables i bought are wired around the wrong way. i reversed the data RX/TX on one end and all working .. Crazy thing is i bought 2 of these Victron VE Direct leads and neither would work. i'm guessing was a friday afternoon at the Victron factory and employee was ready to go home when he made my leads ;-)

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phil, thats really strange: what is the serial number on those cables? It starts with HQ.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic