question

Joakim avatar image
Joakim asked

3-phase Multiplus II system, am i thinking right?

Hello!

i am planning a solarsystem whit 3x VE MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 ( se more in picture) for a 3-phase system.

I have made a simple wiring diagram over how i´m planning to set it up, am i thinking right?

- I want a 3-phase, for example the heating system needs 3-phase to work.

- UPS-funktion of the whole household

- i want to use as much solar energy i can for myself, more optimised for winter then summer.

- not designing the system to be optimised to sell as much power i can. not selling at ALL right now.

- want to use ESS, have lead-acid batties right now, planning to upgrade to lithium a.s.a.p.

- yes a electrician will connect it all.

I was just hoping a "victron-guru" could take a look and see if i´m totaly off or just maybe close to actually thinking right :-)

// Jocke

Multiplus-II3 phaseinstallation
ve-4-jpeg.jpg (758.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jocke_h

This is a technical installation question.
I would advise you to contact a Victron dealer to help you with this.
if you do not know who your dealer is, please visit: https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

autarkus avatar image
autarkus answered ·

Hi Jocke_h,

I am also planning a system with victron components in a very similar configuration. By what app you have made this wiring diagram? I would like to use you diagram. So I would just have to make a few changes. Would you mind if I do so.

Best regards

autarkus

1 comment
2 |3000

hummingbear avatar image hummingbear commented ·

@Jocke_h hook this dude up

0 Likes 0 ·
Joakim avatar image
Joakim answered ·

Sorry i did not see the question... but i just used plain old Paint, no fancy program.. sorry..

2 |3000

Aleksandar Malenic avatar image
Aleksandar Malenic answered ·

Hello,

while searching a practical scheme for myself I saw yours with this question...

Please note that the MPPT Charges even having 3 pairs of MC4 connectors they are shorted so if you plan to use it for 3 different sun directions and as you wrote you will please take into consideration for a back current from active panels to the shaded ones.... for each string use then a shottky diode before connecting to the MC4 to protect back currents.

For MULTIPLUS II you do not need the external current transformer as multiplus II is able to measure current automatically with the internal current transformer.

External one is needed if you have power assist active or added external PV solar system of other type than victron.

for UPS function as according the victron academy lecture I understood that the batteries are always full from grid power and not solar power. SOLAR MPPT is active only in an ESS mode and if you need ZERO export then you need to activate it .... but take a decision if a phase compensation will be active or not.... (if active then multiplus ( one of those 3 ) will feed the grid and use SUMMARIZING consumption and use the SUM METERING you must check with your electrical company if allowed.....

If physical technical separation of 3 phase consumption need to be followed then switch phase compensation to OFF. then all 3 multiplus will take care about ZERO FEED IN an never feed back to the grid.

If there are VICTRON Gurus please write as well as I went to my solar distributor but they are not willing in making a project for me as they only sell the equipment......

Thank you , cheers,

Alex

2 |3000

mpisch avatar image
mpisch answered ·

Hi Joakim,

I just stumbled across your diagram because I plan something very similar to your setup. So I wonder how you finally implemented your system and how your experiences are?

I would highly apreciate a feedback but thank you already for the diagram you provided.

BR

Markus

2 |3000