question

jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 asked

Feature request: ESS Discharge Power Limit

Please consider to add a "Discharge Power Limit" setpoint in ESS setings. Similar to SOC setting, it should only apply when grid is present. I think I will find this more useful for balancing self-consumption with SOC for backup power than my current SOC and grid set point manipulations.

Thank you.

ESSfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

In the ESS menu there is a function called limit inverter power, it does exactly what you describe above.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 answered ·

Thanks, but if I limit inverter power then I limit all power derived from DC, including any DC-coupled PV. What I'd really like to achieve is limiting power out of the batteries specifically. If possible.

2 |3000

rainerb avatar image
rainerb answered ·

Hello,

this feature was also discussed a few month ago, unfortunately no improvement yet:

https://community.victronenergy.com/idea/22664/idea-battery-discharge-current-limit.html

2 |3000

jleroux avatar image
jleroux answered ·

This would be a very nice option to have

2 |3000

spark88 avatar image
spark88 answered ·

Would very much like to have this feature !!

2 |3000

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual