question

oxy avatar image
oxy asked

What does "System reset" on MultiPlus?

Hello,

Recently a MultiPlus 48/5000, setup as charger-only, threw a "Fault" for unknown reason and was not accepting AC-In. I first saw something like "Error 11 report", but it didn't show anything and I haven't seen it since. However, I couldn't get MultiPlus back charging. Until I found this:

I couldn't find any documentation what this "System reset" actually does, but I did click it and MultiPlus started charging afterwards!

Have I lost any settings by doing this? Or is its sole purpose to get out of these "Faults"? I'd appreciate a write-up of what it actually does :)

BTW, this "Error 11" caught me off-goard. I'm just using this MultiPlus as a Charger, so I'm bumped why it threw any error at all... Maybe someone knows how to configure it to be more resilient and robust?

Thank you!!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charginggx device
system-reset.png (51.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wutduk avatar image wutduk commented ·

This post saved me!

We're in Alaska and though it's mid-March, it's still basically winter and cold. All of a sudden our batteries weren't charging with the generator. While we have some solar coming in, it's very limited. We were basically less than 24 hours from no electricity (and therefore no heat from the furnace) and we're out in the forest on a mountain!

After checking everything I could think of with everything else, I started poking around the CCGX and saw this same switch. I searched to see what it did and found your post describing essentially my exact problem. I clicked it and voila, now we won't die tonight!

Thank you for asking the question and describing your situation. It was exactly what I needed when I needed it!

1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, it restarts it; clearing any persistent errors (such as an already retried and unrecoverable overload error)

just like switching it off and on again from the main rocker switch on the front.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oxy avatar image oxy commented ·

Great to know, thanks!!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, to remove any ambiguity, we'll in a future version rename that option to Restart. see screenshot:

1679040437205.png

1679040437205.png (50.1 KiB)
2 |3000