question

ee21 avatar image
ee21 asked

Why does "Limit Inverter Power" work, but "Limit Charge Power" does not in ESS?

I am running a MultiPlus with ESS Assistant installed. I had charge current set to max in VEConfigure, but had Limit Charge Power turned on in ESS, along with Limit Inverter Power.

This had been working just fine until I had to remove the BMV-712 temporarily. When I did this, I turned on the Battery Monitor option in VEConfig for the MultiPlus. I set the Battery Monitor in Venus OS in System Setup to the MultiPlus. However, now whenever charging occurs, it is at the maximum current, not what I have set Limit Charge Power to. Can anyone explain why this does not work with the MultiPlus Battery Monitor, but Limit Inverter Power does?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSBMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

heinvdb avatar image heinvdb commented ·

I have the same problem. Multiplus II ESS in parallel installation (everything is connected via the input) With external current sensor. no MPPT's. I can not find a way to limit the charge power by remote.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ee21

Do you have 'feed-in excess solar power' enabled?

if so: this sets the MPPT's to produce full power, and the inverter(s) will only feed-in when charge voltage is reached.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chuff avatar image
chuff answered ·

Hi, also have problem here.

I have check both configuration: Multiplus II with BMV and multiplus II without BMV.
I confirm that system run very well with BMV installed, even the Multiplus is choosen as Battery Monitor. As soon i remove the BMV, the ESS ignore limit. I have informed Victron about the bug today

2 |3000