question

tomahawk avatar image
tomahawk asked

SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 Battery Life algoritm is not working

Hi@all,

I'm using Smartsolar MMPT 100/20 to manage my 12V AGM (Solar) Battery Bank.
Firmware was just updated to 1.46 but nothing changed.

In Summerholidays I use it for Camping, the rest of the year I put them on my balcony to support almost all dc loads in my household.
I bought this device because Battery Life algoritm promised longer battery livetime for my Battery Bank and to get more visibility of battery usage.
Now as days get shorter battery is already 20 Days not fully loaded (max Voltage never above 13V -curently at 11,7V) and it never dropped the load to fully charge the battery once a week as described in manual.

To prevent my loads from outage I've connected a backup AC/DC source to the dc-grid. When MPPT disconnects it from the battery it will keep the dc-grid at constant 11,5V. All my Loads are capable to run properly with DC voltage at 11,5V (using step-down converters for 5, 6 and 9V devices and one step-up-down-converter for a device that needs constant 12,5V)

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Tomahawk, have you removed the jumper from the VE.Direct port on the front of the MPPT to enable the BatteryLife algorithm to be set via the app? See bottom of page 6 of the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-SmartSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-75-10-75-15-100-15-100-20-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomahawk avatar image
tomahawk answered ·

There is no jumper connected. Mode is configured via App. Manually switching load state worked (last time I used it).

2 |3000