question

chubre avatar image
chubre asked

Where do I connect the Bluetooth Smart Dongle

Hi all,

My new second hand boat I has 2 x 50W solar panels connected to the service battery bank through a 75/15 MPPT Solar Controller. There is also an MPPT Monitor and a BWV700 battery monitor, both are installed and working. Everything works well. Now I found a new unused Bluetooth Smart Dongle. I tried to plug it to the MPPT controller, but the Ve.Direct socket is already being used (I suppose by the MPPT Monitor). Where does the Dongle fit in this system? Where/how do I connect it?

MPPT ControllersBluetoothsmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Hi Chubre,

Unfortunately you wont be able to use the dongle and the mppt control at the same time.

But the dongle is still useful for firmware updates, and setting up the mppt.

Alternatively you can connect it to the bmv for easier monitoring/set up, and firmware updates.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chubre avatar image chubre commented ·

Thanks to your advise, I disconnected the mppt control from the bluesolar charge controller and connected the dongle instead. Much easier to setup and monitor now!!

Thank you again klim

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources