question

alperin avatar image
alperin asked

PV power to the battery/consumption from the battery

Hello guys!

I have a three-phase ve bus system with two PV chargers.

I think I have some problems with in/out power calculation on the VRM portal.

If I take one-day data from VRM its looks like the PV to battery power more than the battery to consumption power. So how it's happening? If I take from battery-less then I use where the excess power is going?

battery chargingbattery system voltagebattery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Al. How bad is it? Bad as mine?..

Flooded pb's, no BMV (so possibly a little measurement error), no dc loads. ~75% OUT vs IN.

Some loss in the Multi, bubbling off water is likely involved, the rest heat losses presumably.

Exotic batts will do better. Check for yourself, set VRM dashboard to 'last 7 days' or longer, hover mouse over the day for the daily figs.

The real world..

1573475475749.png (30.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jytkis avatar image
jytkis answered ·

Hi!

I am wondering that is there something wrong in my system, because daily production is allmost double, comparising to consumption. I have 8V AGM batteries (3 x 8V@200Ah series and 2 sets paraller, 24V@400Ah)

Could this possible damage my batteries, and if so, what could cause this and what to do? I have ventilated box for batteries with thermostate and fans, and I have double checked battery specs for charging voltages etc.

Any help is appreciated

nayttokuva-2022-07-14-202626.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic