question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

What Pylontech battery parameters are visible on the VRM?

I'm considering getting a set of 4 Pylon batterys for my Multiplus 5000/48V . I have a Venus GX device and am wondering if you have visibility to the internal temperatures of the Pylontech batteries ( either globally or individually ) and do you have individual SOC values for each of the batteries ? Can you add more than 1 string ( each up to 8 batteries )of Pylonbatteries to a Multiplus/ Venus system all being controlled via CAN-BUS

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGXPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ยท

Hi, you could add more than 8 batteries but will need a low voltage hub from pylontech to connect multiple strings on the same CanBus. As for the info available from it, some of it available via the advanced tab in VRM, and the following as per screenshots from remote console

You canโ€™t see individual SOCโ€™s, I suspect pylontech keeps all connected batteries at the same SOC

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

safiery avatar image
safiery answered ยท

Peter, we use and sell Dyness Batteries which are very similar to Pylontech. They communicate on CANbus in the same way with the same appearance as Murraynated shows above. To answer you question of what data is visible. There are 5 parameters we see on the VRM , screenshot below:

The Battery temperature is from the first "master battery" in the cluster. We use SOC for assistants.

• Battery SOC (State Of Charge)
  • Battery Voltage and Current
  • Battery Temperature Sensor
  • BMS Charge and Discharge Limits
  • Battery Summary

2 |3000

safiery avatar image
safiery answered ยท

Further comment: You can have 2 strings into the 2 CANbus ports. However, "Synchronise the VE.BUS" SOC may only link to one string. The battery appears as a "Battery Monitor".

2 |3000

PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered ยท

Thanks, is the SOC the SOC for the master battery ( which should be synconised to the others ) or is it an average of all the individual units in a string ?

1 comment
2 |3000

safiery avatar image safiery commented ยท

I believe it is just the "Host" first battery. It also ensures the Slaves are kept at same SOC.

0 Likes 0 ยท