question

viktor avatar image
viktor asked

Scheme of the system with stabilizers and Fronius

I tried to describe my problem in a file with drawn diagrams of my system. Please see the attachment.

Question1.pdf

ESSvictron productsFronius
question1.pdf (135.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ยท

Hi

It will work just the readings on the CCGX are configured to read the Fronuis on the output so the load readings will be wrong, why do you need a stabilizer as the victron will stablize the output voltage as it acts like as UPS function anyway.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

viktor avatar image viktor commented ยท

Hello, Rob.

Thank you fot your answer. I need stabilizer when my system just transfer power when grid presence, not for UPS mode.

But in standart connection I have trouble when solar inverter generate with full power, battery is charged and grid suddently off - i have an overload alarm on inverters and system has stops for several secounds. It error don't appear on VRM or in log-file. So, i need to separate solar inverter from the system when grid off, and connect it to output of Victron only when system work autonomuosly. I think that i can avoid this failure in this way. What do you think about this solution?

0 Likes 0 ยท
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie viktor commented ยท

Hi

Yes it can be done the Fronuis will need to be setup to allow for this change over to the victrons output, there are settings in fronius to work off grid tied to another inverter output, remember there is delay time in start up etc for the Fronius inverter.

Not sure what happens when the Fronius output is much greater than the loads and or when the battery is fully charged etc does it back off or go into limiting mode?

I have do a test rig here with a Fronius and other inverters etc i could reconfigure and test etc.

So what is this stabilizer device type, model, operation etc?

The standard system should work as good. as this what have running at the moment

in this configuration but using another brand of inverter.

I will have to do some grid fail test to see what it does.

i know if i loss the grid the UPS mode kicks and starts carries on as normal.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ยท
viktor avatar image viktor Rob Duthie commented ยท

Hello, Rob.

I tried to describe the situation in the attachment. I would be very grateful if you could simulate this situation (with the Victron switch) on your test rig.

Thank you!

Victron Question.pdf

0 Likes 0 ยท
victron-question.pdf (251.4 KiB)