question

mtadao avatar image
mtadao asked

MPPT 75/15 Showing a phantom 0.1A load output

What is causing this 0.1A load current when all the lights are switched off and no other load is connected? The load current disappears when the solar charging is switched off and then on

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mtadao avatar image mtadao commented ·

It also disappears if you switch the lights which are connected to the load output on and then off

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Sounds like a bug, thanks for reporting.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image adev commented ·

I think I’ve noticed something similar on the 100/20. I’m not able to test currently.

0 Likes 0 ·

The VictronConnect dev team is looking into it, there were a few other similar reports.

0 Likes 0 ·
mtadao avatar image mtadao Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, i have updated my 75/15 charger to v1,42 and the phantom load output current is back after it somehow mysteriously disappeared. This time, disabling and enabling charging and streetlight is not effective.

0 Likes 0 ·
johnbsloop avatar image johnbsloop commented ·

Are there any updates to this issue? I just observed this yesterday. My device firmware updated as of September (it hasn't notified my of any required updates since then).

I turned the load output state to "off" since I am not using it (nothing is connected to the terminals. I left my boat for a week and it basically killed the battery due to this phantom drain.

-John

0 Likes 0 ·
mtadao avatar image
mtadao answered ·

The phantom current on my 75/15 charge controller is back after the latest update but this time, it does not disappear completely if you switch battery charging off and then on as before. It disappears if you switch off but comes back if you switch battery charging on. The phantom current seems to increase with increasing solar power.

2 |3000

skyman avatar image
skyman answered ·

I also have this problem (smart solar 100/20), 0.1A to 0.3A phantom output current which variates by solar power. Turning load output off, then on fix this, but it comes back randomly, maby after day, maby after month. Is this known problem, and will it be fixed in coming updates? This is old topic but i still have this problem...

2 |3000