question

mmosberg avatar image
mmosberg asked

Can the Venus GX be connected to both a router and a MFD at the same time?

The Venus GX has only one ethernet port. I am using it to keep my Venus GX on net via a router. I also want to connect the Venus GX to a Raymarine MFD using this method. How can I achieve this?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Quick! I only just added that manual a couple of days ago!

We are extremely close to this Raymarine support now, but there are still a few details to be confirmed.

If the Ethernet port is used by a direct connection to the MFD integration, you will need to connect to the internet via one of the other networking interfaces, eg wifi or GX GSM.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If it is just ModBus TCP I think it should work.

If not you maybe can use the build in WiFi to connect the venus to the internet.

2 |3000

eirik avatar image
eirik answered ·

I have connected my Venus to a router, and the MFD (B&G Zeus 2) to the same router. Works perfectly: Venus connects to the Internet via the router, and the MFD connects to the Venus via the router. Is it not supposed to be like that?

2 comments
2 |3000

If it works, it works!

0 Likes 0 ·
kurtinge avatar image kurtinge commented ·

@Eirik Do you get any information from the Venus presented on the Zeus?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Tested with Lowrance HDS LIVE 7 and the answer is yes

2 |3000