question

Albert de Jongh avatar image
Albert de Jongh asked

VictronConnect (macOS) firmware update failed on Multiplus II

Yesterday I tried updating the firmware on my Multiplus II 48/3000/35-32 (then on firmware 459), using VictronConnect 5.11 on macOS Mojave (10.14.6).

This is what happened -

• There is a Venus GX plugged into the Multiplus II, and I plugged another UTP (RJ45) cable into the Venux GX as it was easily accessible. I initially only wanted to change the charging efficiency setting on the Multiplus II.
  • I saw that there was a firmware update, and followed prompts in VictronConnect to update. I was still connected via the Venus GX - correctly / incorrectly, I don't know.
  • The update failed with Victron Connect saying it lost connection to the Multiplus - for a short while a combination of LEDs was flickering on the inverter, and then it reset itself (or something) and was working again.
  • I took a short time myself to recover from my own kernel panic.
  • I realized that veflash asked you to connect directly to the inverter, and not to have anything else connected. So, I disconnected the venus gx, connected directly to inverter via the mk3.
  • I tried the firmware update again - to v463 - and this time Victron Connect crashed on the mac. The inverter just had the "bulk" LED on.
  • I had another kernel panic myself. After a while I switched the inverter off, and on again - and it was fine.
  • I decided that this was enough fun with Victron Connect on mac, and updated via veflash to 2628465.vff - successfully.

I am not sure what the issue is with Victron Connect, but I did not try updating the firmware a third time...

Multiplus-IIVictronConnectfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Albert de Jongh, yes, you ran into an issue that we found recently, and are working to fix. It will be solved soon. In the mean time there is a work around explained here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#vebus_firmware_update_fails_at_5_on_macos

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dabungis avatar image dabungis commented ·

Is this fixed yet? Is a Mac able to update firmware through VictronConnect for Multiplus units yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

vconnect on mac has been constantly crashing for some time now.

There is no bugzilla to report these issues on and the modifications forum is hit and miss,

2 |3000

Related Resources