question

mmosberg avatar image
mmosberg asked

How do I connect more than 2 VE.direct devices to my GX?

In my boat I am planning to have two Phoenix Smart IP43 Chargers. One for the LifePO4 service bank and one for the AGM starter bank. I will also have a BMV-712 monitoring the service bank. How do I get thes 3 devices connected via VE.Direct to my Venus GX where there is only 2 VE.Direct inputs?

VictronConnectVenus GX - VGXVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @mmosberg,

If you wish to connect more than 2 VE.direct devices to a GX device which only has 2 VE.direct ports, you will need to buy a VE.direct to USB adapter, and plug it into the USB port instead. If you have too many USB devices for the USB ports, you can use a powered USB hub.

Please create a new post for your other question, we ask only one question per post, it makes it a lot easier for other people to find the answer they are looking for later.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mmosberg avatar image mmosberg commented ·

#Guy, thx for answering and advising about community rules. Kind regards from Norway.

0 Likes 0 ·
mmosberg avatar image mmosberg mmosberg commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Actually I need 4 devices connected to my GX. 2 x Phoenix Smart IP43 Chargers, 1 BMV-712 and a SmartSolar MPPT 75/15. Please advice ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
mmosberg avatar image
mmosberg answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Actually I need 4 devices connected to my GX. 2 x Phoenix Smart IP43 Chargers, 1 BMV-712 and a SmartSolar MPPT 75/15. Please advice ;-)

1 comment
2 |3000

Presuming you already have the VGX, 2 x VE.direct to USB adaptors :)

If you don't already have the VGX, you may wish to consider getting the Octo GX instead.

There is a bit more about it here -

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

and here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#connecting_victron_products

0 Likes 0 ·