question

derek-hewett avatar image
derek-hewett asked

BMS has shut down the inverter due to low voltage - With generator connected nothing happens???

I have a Multiplus 5kW 24V connected to Victron LiFePO4 25.6/200Ah Smart batteries with a Victron VE. Bus Battery Management System. The Multiplus has the VE Bus BMS Assistant loaded. The AC detector has also been installed. The battery voltage went low and shut off the inverter and when the generator was started and 230V AC put to the inverter nothing happened. How do I get the system to start up when the generator is ON????

VE.Businstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
cardreader avatar image
cardreader answered ·

Does any other electrical item work on generater ? If not maybe there is a manual switch to change over from 24v to 240 v . Just a thought .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you test if the generator works with the multi before?

Maybe you have to adjust a few settings(AC input voltage range, accepted frequencies).

1 comment
2 |3000

derek-hewett avatar image derek-hewett commented ·

Hi - Generator works fine however the inverter had been shut down by the BMS with low voltage on the batteries. On starting the generator the inverter seemed to not know it was there!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
gndubi avatar image
gndubi answered ·

@Derek Hewett did you find a solution to this? Please share. I seem to be running into a similar issue.

2 |3000

Robert avatar image
Robert answered ·

Hello, is this problem solved?

@derek, did you run your inverter only with a single 200ah battery?

Best regards Robert

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is VE.Bus?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic