question

randolf avatar image
randolf asked

ET340, Multiplus II GX and external non critical loads

Good day Victron Community,

Using an ET340 and a Multiplus II GX I have gathered that a Single phase Inverter would have to be installed on L1.

I would like to know if the GX is capable of Calculating correctly and Controlling the following System

The specific Question is whether the GX will be able to calculate that there are external loads between the ET340 and its AC Input?

I am attempting this approach to avoid the limitation of 32A Maximum Non-Essential loads and having to route these through AC-Out 2. I also want the added benefit of measuring and logging L2 and L3 Non Essential Loads.

Kind Regards

Randolf Wenhold

Multiplus-IIEnergy Metergx device
1571387965686.png (22.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi Randolf, that is correct. The ET340 and GX device will be able to see the ac loads between energy meter and multi input. Further it will also accurately measure and log the consumption on the other two phases, and those you will be able to view on VRM. I have quite a few of these systems installed and running correctly (single phase multi on L1 with an ET340 monitoring all three phases)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

I was wondering where "Murraynated" went and I couldn't fathom how I hadn't seen these answers before and yet they sounded so familiar... Welcome Murray van Graan!

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Thanks @warwick!

0 Likes 0 ·
leotom avatar image leotom commented ·
Please read the additional Question in this Case.
0 Likes 0 ·
leotom avatar image
leotom answered ·

Hello Murray,

again to better understand me. I run several small solar converters distributed on all 3 phases L1 to L3. And I don't want to insert energy into grid. Also in the other direction, if I consume more energy than the solar power provides, the MP2GX should provide missing energy from the battery. And that calculates over all 3 phases. The aim is for the official electricity meter to record +/- zero as far as possible.

Is that feasible with MP2GX and ET340?

Thanks in advance.

MP2GX_ET340_topology.JPG

2 |3000

Related Resources