question

shaun avatar image
shaun asked

MultiPlus 2 Certificate VDE-AR-N 4105:2018-11

I would like to build a installation with a MultiPlus 2 and ESS in Germany.

I have now learned that all inverters since 27 April 2019 must have VDE-AR-N 4105:2018-11.

But i only found the "Certificate VDE-AR-N 4105 MultiPlus-II and MultiGrid-II 48/3000".
Inside it says "VDE-AR-N 4105:2011-08".

Someone can tell me if I can build that up and register with the existing certificate.

Or do I have to wait for a certificate with "VDE-AR-N 4105:2018-11"?

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
shaun avatar image
shaun answered ·

The new certivicate is published,

and i now have a installation in germany with Multiplus 2 in operation and registered with the new certificate.

Everything worked well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bob (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Bob (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Shaun, we're working hard on the new certificates, although I can't give you a timeframe when it will be ready yet. For new ESS installations which were not planned and scheduled in advance of 27th april you now need the new certificate.

2 comments
2 |3000

evhaandel avatar image evhaandel commented ·

@Bob (Victron Energy Staff) Is this certificate also needed for a new ESS installation in the Netherlands? I'm planning a DHZ ESS installation and I was wondering if I could use a second hand Multigrid 48/3000 for that purpose.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bob (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Bob (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ evhaandel commented ·

Dear Evhaandel, unfortunately I can not advise you here. Please contact a Dutch dealer to check if the available certificates work for the Netherlands.

0 Likes 0 ·