question

steely-dan avatar image
steely-dan asked

How do I obtain and reinstall Victron Connect for Andriod 4.4.4

Hi - I have a Victron IP22 12V battery charger and Huawei Y550 phone running android 4.4.4 to control it - using, until earlier today, Victron Connect. It was just the ticket !

Victron Connect was working fine until I accidentally uninstalled it earlier today by mistake. If I recall, it was victron connect version 5.8 - but not sure - could be 5.9) .

To reinstall it: Play Store offers me nothing - as the latest version 5.11 is incompatible with my phone / andriod version.

So my question is: 1/ What is the version of Victron Connect that would work with my Phone ( Huawei Y550, Andriod 4.4.4) -and 2/ how can I get hold of it, and install it ? Many thanks

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
steely-dan avatar image
steely-dan answered ·

hi Folks - well, after further re research on this excellent site - I have been able to not only answer my own questions - but then re-install the software (version 5.8) from your download page. As it happens I downloaded the apk file onto my PC - then bluetoothed it across to my phone - which made the whole process very visible and easy.

I'm very pleased, though a little embarrassed at posting this question too early. Anyway - I hope maybe it will help someone in a similar situation

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Google "Victron Connect 5.8 apk"
You should find and download the .apk at your phone and install it.

Edit: to late :)

2 |3000

Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Hopefully Victron has a repository of old apks for download.

2 |3000

Related Resources