question

gustav avatar image
gustav asked

Quattro, remote LED for inverter on

Hi,

I've found the connector for remote control of the inverter, terminal L in manual, where I can set the state of the Quattro remotely. But I'm trying to find a way to also show the state remotely. Is there a clever way to get an LED to light up on a remote cable when the inverter is on?

Background:

I'm building a remote control for the Quattro on my boat and is looking to build a three-state-switch on the control panel of the boat. As it is an old boat I want to hide as much tech as possible. I'm looking to make the states of the switch off-auto-on, so that if I set the state to off it will not turn on inverter, in auto it will turn on whenever I have either more than 90% battery or the batteries are charging and in on it will turn on the inverter.

I have figured out how to do most of these things. I'll use the L-terminal to remotely control the inverter and I'll probably write a small python script which will close the relay on the Color Control GX whenever I'm charging or have more than 90% charge so that in the auto-position of the switch it uses the relay as switch. The thing which is left is to indicate the state. I want to show with an LED next to the switch if the inverter is running. Currently the only ideas I have is either to hide a 5V USB power supply in the inverter, connected to the AC out which will supply power whenever it is on, or to hack the LED on the Quattro and solder an extra cable onto that inveter-on-LED-indicator.

Ideas welcome!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
gustav avatar image
gustav answered ·

Hmmm.. after som first experiments I should definitely not hack the "Inverter on" LED on the Quattro. The inverter is definitely on right now and the "inverter on" LED is not lit. I thought it might be some kind of sensing thing, but even after connecting some loads the "inverter on" LED is off even though the inverter is running. I have not been able to control the state yet either. It seems to always be in on mode regardless of what I connect on terminal L.

Any ideas why the remote control doesnt work or why the "inverter on" LED is off?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gustav avatar image
gustav answered ·

My mistake. The inverter was in pass-through. So the solution with the 5V USB power supply which I now built is not working. It is lit every time there is shore connection as well, not only when the inverter is on. So I need to do some soldering on the board to make this work. My first attempt would be to just connect another LED in parallel if I cannot find the trace to the transistor.

2 |3000