question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.40~34 available for testing

UPDATE 2019-10-11: Earlier I wrote that one can now set input current limit *and* control on/off/charger only with a VE.Bus BMS, but thats wrong: input current limit works. Changing between on/off/charger only is still not possible for installations having a VE.Bus BMS. Apologies!

Hello all!

Its been a while, but we've not disappeared ;o). This is the first time to make v2.40 available for testing. It brings lots of changes and features, a few large and many small ones. There are several gems in there. For example that now shore current limit can be set for systems with a VE.Bus BMS (yeah!). Also it simplifies installing a system with a BYD battery by setting the DVCC and SVS config options automatically as well as forcing them in the known good position. And F I N A L L Y: it transmits data out on the NMEA2000 network. For now, it transmits battery monitor data. Inverter/charger data will follow asap. And then many many more changes. Better first get a cup of tea of coffee and then sit and read.

I must say that for many of below I had a hard time writing them down in a concise manner, if you see any improvements on the text, welcome to post below. It will all end up into the official changelog & blog post.

Lastly, if you don't know what this post is about: this is about our GX Product range, and this post is aimed at all the members of the Beta test group. See this information on how to join (and leave) that group is here.

Enjoy the testing. If you see any issues, please post below. Thank you.

Matthijs

Change log

Inverter/charger monitoring & control

• Better support systems with a VE.Bus BMS. It used to be impossible to control the input current limit on a GX Device. Now, as long as the Multi or Quattro is running 415 or newer firmware, this control is available. Switching between On/Off and Charger-only is not possible.
  • Add Grid failure aka Shore disconnect detection. When enabled, an alarm is raised when the system hasn't been connected to the AC input defined as Grid or Shore for more than 5 seconds. The alarm shows as a Notification in the GUI, as an alarm on the VRM Portal and is available on ModbusTCP / MQTT. Very nice for backup systems. But also for yachts or vehicles on shore power. Now its no longer necessary create a complicated custom alarm rule on VRM, monitoring Inverter/charge states. Note that this settings monitors that the system is connected to grid/shore. Generator monitoring is already available as part of the Generator start/stop function. This feature does not work for systems using the Ignore AC Input settings in out inverter/chargers: when the system ignores the AC input, ie runs in island mode even though grid is available, it will report a grid failure.
  • Send the charger state (Bulk, Absorption, Float, Storage, Equalise) of inverter/charger to the VRM Portal, when in Offgrid mode and charging with power from a PV Inverter wired on the AC output side. Note that this parameter is not yet used on the VRM Portal website, but you can see it already in the CSV/XLSX download. This is useful especially for systems in Off-grid mode with PV Inverters on the output.
  • Add VE.Bus network error counters. Useful to help troubleshooting vague VE.Bus Errors cq to rule out cable issues. Counter data is also available on VRM. Needs a document on explaining how to interpret those values.

DVCC & Scheduled charging:

• Scheduled charging: change the hysteresis on SOC when battery full from 0.1% to 5%.
  • Complete support for the recently introduced VE.Can MPPTs. All DVCC control features were added: current and voltage limit control, as well as SVS, STS, and Shared Current Sense (SCS). With this change they are now fully functional also for ESS systems and systems with Managed Batteries.
  • Add an option to send the battery current as measured by a BMV to the Solar Chargers. This goes hand in hand with a new feature in the Solar Chargers, to end the Absorption phase based on tail current, and then actual to tail current based end of absorption (primarily for lead batteries). This is part of DVCC, and only applies to systems that are not ESS (since then the inverter/charger manages the charge profile), and have a battery monitor such as a BMV-700 or Lynx Shunt VE.Can. Requires a Solar charger firmware version not yet officially released. Download the latest VictronConnect v5.12 beta to use & test this new feature.
  • Add an option to use Battery Temperature as measured by a BMV, the GX Device itself, as well as a MultiPlus for other connected chargers: Shared Temperature Sense.
  • ESS: use the Multi as source for Solar Charger voltage sense - always.

Managed Batteries (BYD, Pylontech, Freedomwon, and similar)

• Add capacity. Visible on VRM on the diagnostics page, and in the GUI of the GX Device
  • Fix Freedomwon Lite recognition. They were being recognised as a LG battery, now as a Freedomwon Lite
  • For BYD batteries, MG Energy Systems batteries as well as Victron batteries connected with a Lynx Ion BMS, eliminate the need to the installer to configure DVCC and SVS: they are now automatically set (and unable to change) to the required settings: DVCC=ON and SVS=OFF for both batteries. This will be a nice improvement in making it easier to install those batteries. We'll do the same for more battery brands later.

Other changes

• Add NMEA2000 out function: transmit battery monitor out on the VE.Can/NMEA2000 network so it can be picked up by Marine MFDs. Currently it only transmits battery monitor data. Inverter/charger data will follow soon. This is by default disabled, see Settings -> Services -> CAN-bus to enable it: (screenshot).
  • Fix the Navico Fluid Level Sensor Fuel-0 PK, partno. 000-11518-001, not working. Broken in Venus OS v2.30.
  • Support using a single-phase PV-inverter connected across a split-phase connection (no neutral). This is a common option in North America where a 240V or 208V PV-inverter is connected to a split-phase supply. Half of the Energy and power as reported by the PV Inverter is attributed to (reported on) L1 and the other 50% on L2.
  • PV Inverters: add an option to disable automatic scanning
  • Fix that Disabling the built-in WiFi Access Point also made the device to not connect to a WiFi network automatically as well. The workaround was to go into the WiFi menu, or (?) power cycle (I'm not 100% sure about this one). Now its fixed: disabling the built-in access point no longer affects how the device handles connecting to other access points.
  • Restore relay state, when configured to be manually controlled, after a reboot. Rather then always resetting it to Open.
  • Fix a mistake in the calculation behind the DC System box on the overview. The PV current was not added to the total, causing the value to be wrong. See "Has DC system" in the manual to see what the DC System Box is about.
  • Fix bug that prevented setting entering certain IP Addresses. Thank you ScottB for finding this.

Added the IMT Solar Irradiance, temperature and wind meter

Looking for a good way to measure solar irradiance, we tried different meters, and eventually chose the professional irradiance meters from Mencke and Tegtmeyer GmbH in Germany. The type of meter supported are the Si-RS485TC series. They also feature an optional temperature sensor and wind meter. Connection to the GX device is done using our RS485 to USB cables.

Here is how the data is show on VRM. Note that this test system is currently still indoors, not much to see.

And here is how its visible on the GUI:

Clean-up of the System Setup and DVCC menus

The System Setup menus was becoming long and cluttered. Now there are two menus, all DVCC related features are in a separate menu. For those not familiar with DVCC: that setting changes the GX Device from a passive monitor, that takes data and makes it available for monitoring and analysis, into a active controller, that optimizes the charge process by taking control and sharing data between the connected devices. More info in the DVCC chapter in the manual. We do have some more textual and UI changes planned for that, later. For now, these screenshots show current status as in v2.40~34:

ModbusTCP

• Add menu to see last issues (screenshot!)
  • Add Grid Loss alarm register (830)
  • Add support for the EasySolar-II and MultiPlus-II GX by mapping the vebus service to unitid 228

MQTT settings cleaned up

• The previous setting, MQTT on LAN has been renamed to "MQTT on LAN (Plaintext)". There is a new setting called "MQTT on LAN (SSL)". The difference between Plaintext and SSL is just that: enabling the plain text one opens it on port 9001 (MQTT over websockets) and on port 1883 (pure MQTT) and the SSL one opens the encrypted variant of that on port 8883. Whats also new is that its now possible to enable MQTT for use on the local LAN, without also enabling the uplink to our cloud broker, which often was required. After the update, settings of existing systems are migrated such that nothing breaks. For details, see here: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/480.
  • The very rarily used and specialty service 'NMEA2000 on MQTT' is now hidden under the superuser access level: we saw far too many people that had enabled that while they don't use it. And it increases CPU load.

More screenshots:

NMEA2000 out function:

Disabling automatic scanning of a PV Inverter

ModbusTCP Diagnostics - see the last error

ModbusTCP Diagnostics - see unitids

Venus OS
1570733286269.png (67.1 KiB)
1570733368205.png (79.9 KiB)
1570734232932.png (49.4 KiB)
1570734528725.png (43.2 KiB)
1570734822822.png (55.0 KiB)
1570734867986.png (42.3 KiB)
1570734955359.png (101.1 KiB)
1570734996947.png (79.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kris avatar image kris commented Ā·

Hello, I checked the data transfer to the N2K network by CCGX works very well with Garmin, Furuno and Maretron.

We are waiting for the next new PGN.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
ijeamaka-omayeka avatar image ijeamaka-omayeka commented Ā·

What is the cause for this error message? 1570734955359.png (101.1 KiB)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
11 Answers
thtruck avatar image
thtruck answered Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

Installed the update and had some problems. I have a very slow internet connection with the gx but when i went on site i restarted the gx manually and it's now working flawlessly. I couldnt see temperatures before on VRM because my BMV is used for the carbattery also and the MPPT 150/70 via vecan didnt show temps on VRM. Now i can see the temps online where i only could before when i started the MultiPlus. Great update. Thanx.

12 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @THTruck, thanks for the feedback. We'll look into the issue with the update you had.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
thtruck avatar image thtruck mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hello Matthijs,

I was mistaken about the temperature reading on VRM, because of this update, because it was old data from when the MultiPlus was on (which seems to be the only source of temperature reading on VRM) and by mistake of me i was under the impression that it was giving me life data.

In fact VRM doesn't show me the life temperatures of the batteries from the mppt 150/70 (old model with display) which is connected with the GX via VE can only. I can see the temperature when i go remote to the GX but it does not show on VRM portal. I thought this update would deal with that because of the changes concerning BUS and sharing but it doesn't.

Maybe it does but VRM doesn't show the actual temperature of the batteries but how can i know the difference?

It would be swell if i could see the temperatures within VRM Dashboard immediately instead of using remote control because of the slownesss of my internet connection (128kb/s - simple and cheap kpn data connection). Scrolling through the menu's due to slow speeds really makes this lame. Somehow the GX does not respond immediately , and even sometimes does not do it at all in the menu's on slow internet connections because when i use 4g on my phone that isn't a problem.

I use a laptop connected to a 4G phone connection to connect to my GX.

On a normal 100mb/s it's the same so that does rule out my laptop/phone connection as the issue here.

Mayby confusion after this but my main concerns are not reading temperatures in VRM and bad responses with low speed dataconnections with the GX. Slightly offtopic i admit but pls maybe you have some tips.

English is not my native language so that can also be another burden of explaining. I hope you do understand :)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ thtruck commented Ā·

Hi! I understand what youā€™re after. Iā€™ll see what we can do!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Check here: it lists the temperature as measured by the canbus solar charger

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/32366/diagnostics (updated)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

And, weā€™ll add the temperature measurement as done by the solar charger to the advanced page soon. Thanks for suggesting.

wrt the connection issues I do not have any tips; and also not any easy to fixes or inprovements on our side either, nor many other complaints.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

"weā€™ll add the temperature "

That would be great. Thanks in advance.

Greetz.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

GREAT! Thank you so much.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ thtruck commented Ā·

Ha you found it already! It was added today

0 Likes 0 Ā·

There is a graph too btw

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Awesome! :)

0 Likes 0 Ā·

"Check here: it lists the temperature as measured by the canbus solar charger "

Maybe you can but i seem to have no access. When i click your link it shows more details in a blink of a second but after that i am warned about having no access and all i see is what's in the picture.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
vrm-no-access.png (37.2 KiB)

Hi @THTruck, sorry, I posted the wrong link. Its updated now; now it will work.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
ray-mont avatar image
ray-mont answered Ā·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

why is the VRM twoway connection now in ā€œdienstenā€ and not in the VRM setting?

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Good point, weā€™ll move that.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
ossi avatar image
ossi answered Ā·

Hi Guys,

i am very happy with the changes for Voltage detection of Multi with a BYD BMS Battery and i reacted already the the thread, where i reported.

THX @Daniƫl Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ;)

additionally thank you for adapting the PV Inverter search to make it optional!

THX @Izak (Victron Energy Staff) (and the intermediate fixes)

But i had some issues with the new feature of the irradiation sensors IMT SI-RS485 T Series:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/20795/irradiance-monitoring.html?childToView=31500#answer-31500

Have a nice Weekend

2 comments
2 |3000

Thanks! Iā€™ll answer the imt in that other thread

0 Likes 0 Ā·

solved. by changing the unitid configuration in the IMT that Ossi has. It was used in another project, so not configured per standard. We'll document the required settings.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/20795/irradiance-monitoring.html

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Jaco De Jongh avatar image
Jaco De Jongh answered Ā·

Installed 2 days ago, today realized my 450ah Lead acids are charging at 70amps. Checked the "Limit Charge Current" "Swich" and it was OFF. Checked history, untill the day before I updated the Max charge current was 50A from the day after it exceeds 60 amps. I think the update has switched the Limit to Off.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Jaco, weā€™ll contact you from support to login and check. Youā€™ll get an email. Thanks for reporting!

0 Likes 0 Ā·

The limit was removed around 6AM the morning. The update only happened around 11:30. So at this point I can at least assure the people that it was not the update.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
chmalan avatar image
chmalan answered Ā·

After this update, my BMV-600S and VECan solar charger disappeared from the device list. I restarted twice. The VECan solar charger appeared after the first restart. The BMV only came back after switching back to 2.33.

1 comment
2 |3000

jeroen avatar image jeroen ā™¦ commented Ā·

The fact that the devices disappeared is a bug, which will be fixed in the next version. That only occurs ones. I am in the dark why the BMV isn't found. It works fine here. If you enable remote support and tell me which site this is I can have a look.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered Ā·

About this change:

"Add Grid Loss alarm register (830)"

I have two questions:

1. How is Grid detected? I have a 230V Multiplus parallel setup, I would imagine that it would be if there is voltage (~230V) on AC input... I have enabled the monitor for Grid Failure on Venus expecting no alarm, but it went immediately into alarm. And yes, I do have AC in on both Multis.

2. This leads to 2nd question. I disabled this setting on Venus, rebooted Venus, etc, but I can't get rid of it on my VRM:

It disappeared on notifications, but not on VRM portal. How can I delete this, specially since it is false alarm....

1571075789454.png (15.4 KiB)
6 comments
2 |3000

Elimac avatar image Elimac commented Ā·

for issue 2., I just disabled automatic monitoring, while alarm not active, and it cleared. I enabled again (automatic monitoring on VRM) and the alarm has not come up again.

Issue 1 is still open, why has the alarm been raised in the first place?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Elimac commented Ā·

Hi @Elimac, it detects the grid by setting which AC input of the inverter/charger system is active (a Quattro can have two), and checking that against how those inputs are configured in Settings -> System Setup.

Can that explain the issue you had? Or do you think there is something we should look into?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Elimac avatar image Elimac mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

When this new feature (Monitor Grid failure in System setup) appeared in the beta version, I decided to experiment what would be the reaction in my system. At that moment, the Multipluses (2x 24/3000) were in inverter mode, but both had ACin present on their input - I have my system with Grid permanently present on ACin so I can use Power Assist or charge batteries in rare occasions.

So, I wasn't expecting the Monitor Grid Failure to report any grid loss, but it did. This is my surprise, it doesn't affect me much, I just wanted to report it. It is a nice feature though - I might need the Grid to help power bigger loads and is good to know if is not present.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Elimac commented Ā·

Hi Elimac, why were the inverters in inverter mode? Are you using the Ignore AC Input function?

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Yes. I use my system as a "quasi-OFF Grid" island. I use Ignore AC (with General Flag Assistant). Only in special cases I use the grid (high loads or prolonged bad weather).

In System Setup I have the AC input selected as GRID:

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1571245404796.png (43.0 KiB)

Currently this new Grid alarm doesnt take possible use of Ignore AC Input into account. Iā€™m not 100% sure if it can either; for now Iā€™ll document that this doesnā€™t work for systems using the Ignore AC Input function.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered Ā·

Another issue that I'm having since the update is this error message while trying to query my VE.direct devices on VRM:

- I have rebooted Venus GX numerous times

- I have done hard reboot, removing power supply and starting over

- I have disabled and enabled two-way communication service but I cannot get rid of this message...

1571143245615.png (23.1 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Hi Eliseu, thanks! I'm not sure what happened yet, but I restarted one of the services on your GX device and that did fix it. We'll look into it further.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Thanks! However, after a needed reboot, the situation is back to the same...

0 Likes 0 Ā·

At least its reproducible :-)

weā€™ll sort it in the next candidate. I hope tomorrow and otherwise next week.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Fixed in v2.40~35 (currently not yet available publicly). It was a race condition In mosquitto startup

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Mark Scholten avatar image
Mark Scholten answered Ā·

The new VE.CAN MPPT's are added to the DVCC, but are the Skylla-I's also added to support this?
Probably it will work the same way right?

2 comments
2 |3000

At the moment they are not included. / not managed wrt max charge current and such.

Iā€™ll add it to the todo list.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
permyra avatar image
permyra answered Ā·

NMEA2000 function.

Hi, I have updated my Venus GX to the newest firmware v.2.40~36 and connected it to my NMEA2000 network.

I hoped I could get battery data on my Raymarine MFD (E165, not Glass Bridge support) but it doesn't seem so.

I then analyzed the output from the GX and it seems that it's not sending "battery" status.

Is that correct?

Here is the output from the GX

Here is output from my BMW 712:

Could it be that I have to select another CAN-bus profile?

1572283204642.png (18.1 KiB)
1572283273344.png (8.0 KiB)
1572283401289.png (36.4 KiB)
13 comments
2 |3000

Hi Per, is the system on VRM? Iā€™d like to check some things

0 Likes 0 Ā·
permyra avatar image permyra mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi, Yes itĀØs on VRM but the N2k nettwork is not connected now. I will connect to the N2k network tomorrow evening and let you know then it's connected.

ID on VRM is 3403de793993

0 Likes 0 Ā·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ā™¦ commented Ā·

There is a bug which causes the CAN-bus messages not to be send after the initial update. So make sure to reboot the device another time. (this will be fixed in the next version).
Furthermore the battery is announced as a separate function on the bus, so make sure you are looking at the correct one (Product information can tell you).

0 Likes 0 Ā·
permyra avatar image permyra jeroen ā™¦ commented Ā·

Thanks for the update Jeroen. I will look more into it when I get onboard tomorrow evening.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
permyra avatar image permyra permyra commented Ā·

Hi,

Nk2 is connected to the GX now.

I also have a ve.bus- N2K converter connector on my Multiplus, and that be the reason why the GX don't send battery data?

Here's the device list when Raymarine is not connected:

Data from Multiplus, I receive data for battery.

Venus GX transmit:

Venus GX:

0 Likes 0 Ā·
devices.jpg (68.8 KiB)
venusgx-tx.jpg (73.0 KiB)
jeroen avatar image jeroen ā™¦ permyra commented Ā·

It is not sending battery data at the moment since there is no battery monitor found on the Venus GX. Vebus support will be added in the next candidate, it is not included in this version.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Ok, not sure I got this.... The GX uses the Multiplus as the battery monitor, connected to the GX via ve.bus. Is that what's not supported?

The GX reads my BMW from N2K but it's not available as a battery montior in the GX, I understand that this is not supported yet.

Waiting for the next version :)

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Well I am bit confused, do you mean BMW or BMV? If a BMV with VE.CAN / N2k cable is connected to the CAN-bus of the Venus GX, it should be visible on the Venus GX. That has been supported since ages.

Can you please describe your setup and what you expect it to do?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
jeroen avatar image jeroen ā™¦ jeroen ā™¦ commented Ā·

I am still a bit in the dark, but if you want the Venus GX to take over reporting the BMV state to the CAN-bus you have to connect it with VE.Direct, there is no Bluetooth support between the Venus GX and the BMV.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Hi Jeroen,

Sorry for the confusion and my type error, it should be "BMV, not bmw.

My intention is only to see "battery" data from the Venus GX on the N2K network as this is a new freature as I understand.

Another issue is that the BMV 712 only sends data for the main batteries, not the start batteries when aux is set to "start Battery" in Victron Connect. The BMV is connected to 2 battery banks so it's expected to see 2 batteries from the BMV on the N2K network. I reported this two years ago so I guess it's not many people that uses the same config as I do, or they don't have the problem.

So here is my setup:

Multiplus 24/3000/70-50 (newest firmware) connected to Venus GX with Ve.Bus and connected to N2K network with Ve.Bus-N2K connector (newest firmware)

BMV 712 connected to N2K network with VeDirect- N2K connector (newest firmware)

Venus GX (firmware 2.40~36 connected to: Wifi, GPS, Multiplus (ve.bus) and N2K network.

In the device list you can see what the Venus can see.

Please be free to connect to my Venus GX, ID 3403de793993

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1572614237792.png (44.4 KiB)

I see. The new feature is that we send out data to NMEA2000 for batteries not connected to it. For example the BMV can be connected by VE.Direct to the Venus GX and with this option it will also be present on the NMEA2000 backbone. Batteries found on the NMEA2000 are not send back again, since they are already present. With this functionality the NMEA2000 gateways are no longer needed since the Venus devices now handle it.

If the battery voltage is not shown on the Marine display, you need to consult the manufacturer of the display.

The cable will indeed not send the Starter Voltage for the 712. The Venus GX should send it when the 712 is connected with VE.Direct (from the same battery function, but with a different data instance).

1 Like 1 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ jeroen ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hey Per; what you need to do to use the new feature is connect the bmv directly to the venus gx. With a VE.Direct cable.

then you can finally see starter battery on the n2k bus.

And throw away the VE.Direct to N2K interface cable.

1 Like 1 Ā·
thtruck avatar image thtruck permyra commented Ā·

"Another issue is that the BMV 712 only sends data for the main batteries, not the start batteries when aux is set to "start Battery" in Victron Connect. "

You can only see the data from the startbatteries if they are connected to the second pin input on the shunt if you have a 702 or 712 BMV

0 Likes 0 Ā·
PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered Ā·

Which IMT Solar Sensor will work with the Venus ? Any of their RS485 ones eg Si-RS485TC-T-MB ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @merle.peter@gmail.com, I'm quite sure that indeed any of their Si-RS485 series will work. Here is a good list: https://www.imt-solar.com/fileadmin/docs/en/products/Si-RS485-Selection.pdf .

Once we release v2.40; I'll find out exactly what works and what doesn't; and document it properly.

Besides irradiance; Venus OS reads two temperatures (sensor module & external) as well as windspeed.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX answered Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff) IMT Solar Irradiance, temperature and wind meter

Hi mvader

Away from my house for the winter. Will try that Si-RS485TC series (probably -2T) in the spring (end of march if snow melts, otherwise end of April) and report.

Installing seems pretty easy. How does CCGX and VRM know it is Watts/mĀ² ant Ā°C?

Will report

2 |3000

Related Resources