question

Russell Thomson avatar image
Russell Thomson asked

Help with designing a system to go with my LifePo4 batteries

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so be gentle..

I currently have a 5kw PV system with a Solar charge controller/Inverter. Using what we can but the rest goes back to the grid.

I would like to add some LifePo4 batteries that I have and need some help to integrate them.

My list so far is...

Multiplus 24/300/70

BMS123 Smart

BMV-712

Colour Control

Bluetooth Dongle

The bit im struggling with is connecting the BMS to the Victron gear? Do I need to use Battery Protect's for disconnects?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Russ

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

If you have no DC loads and just AC, then you can use the two wire assistant with the multiplus.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Connecting-other-lithium-battery-systems-to-Multis-and-Quattros-EN.pdf

However you'd probably want to setup an ESS and I'm not sure how the ESS will work with the two wire. Maybe someone else can chime in.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello, you need the Lithium assistant function in the multi

Best regards,

Rob

2 comments
2 |3000

Russell Thomson avatar image Russell Thomson commented ·

Excuse my ignorance..

Is this something I download and upload to the Multi?

If so where would I find it?

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Fijn avatar image Rob Fijn Russell Thomson commented ·

Hello Russell,

Yes, you would need this assistant.

See this picture.

0 Likes 0 ·
1571226264087.png (33.8 KiB)