question

Matthias avatar image
Matthias asked

Unresponsive Quattros, how to troubleshoot?

I have a two Quattro system on my boat. Both are connected to the input mains (220V) and to the 12V battery banks.
The outputs are completely decoupled.

There is absolutely no response by the Quattros. No lights, no charging current, nothing.
I don't really know how to troubleshoot this?
The AC-Input is fine. The outputs are secured by circuit breakers, so there can be nothing wrong there. I even removed the 12V-connection, but nothing happens either. The 12V-connection is protected by fuses, so I doubt this could have fried it. Especially both Quattros at once.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Charlie Johnson avatar image
Charlie Johnson answered ·

Here is what I would do if I were aboard:

1. Check to see if the local switch is in the ON position.

2. Check for voltage on the load side of the fuses protecting the cables to the Quattros.

3. If satisfactory, remove the front panels from the units and check for DC voltage at the terminals in the units.

4. Disconnect them from any accessories, eg DMC or CCGX

Come back here with your findings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias avatar image
Matthias answered ·

1. Ok, switches are in On-Position.
2. Voltage on the load side is very low now (5V approximately) by now. Not sure why (and when) this happened. So this is not good, maybe the batteries are damaged or one of the 12V consumers just used up all the power.

The quattro will not turn on at that voltage even when AC-In-2 is powered right?

Should it turn on if I connect the mains to AC-In-1? Is this advisable.

3. DC voltage is of course the same low value

2 |3000

Matthias avatar image
Matthias answered ·

I found out what the problem was!

DC-power was too low. So I changed the input to AC-in-1 and recharged the batteries.

2 |3000