question

jacko avatar image
jacko asked

Error 24 in an ESS system

I have error 24 fault in an ESS system I’ve looked up the fault and it relates to current going through the back feed relay, surly in an ESS system the relay would be connected almost all of the time? It’s in a multi plus 2 I’ve attached and image of the install. Thanks

Multiplus-IIESSerror
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Which grid code, and firmware on the CCGX and Multi are you running?

0 Likes 0 ·
jacko avatar image jacko Murray van Graan commented ·

Uk grid code, V 2.33 on the ccgx and 2629 on the multi plus 2

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jacko

Did you fix this already? if not:

-how have you connected the inverter? only the AC-in?

-did the setup work before?

-did you measure the connections as described here?:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_24_-_switch-over_system_protection_initiated

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jacko avatar image jacko commented ·

hi Daniel no not fixed yet

- yes from memory was connected on only AC in

-The setup worked for a few months

- I am going to the site next wednesday to carry out those measurments.

Thanks Jack

0 Likes 0 ·
Marcus Fosker avatar image
Marcus Fosker answered ·

I found this as well. For me, if I unplugged the Multiplus II external current sensor and restarted, all is consistently well. I then plugged the external current sensor back in.

This is noted in the release notes of a later firmware than you have. I upgraded to the fixed version but the Multiplus then would not feed in and I had to regress.

1 comment
2 |3000

sean avatar image sean commented ·

Be aware that the standard MP current sensor is a 32A rated CT - I've also commented as such on your other question, which likely relates to the issue detailed here.

0 Likes 0 ·