question

pycardie avatar image
pycardie asked

Color control GX: no connection

So I tried but I cannot connect my CCGX to internet anymore. It was connected for a while: it downloaded the last firmware and even was recognized on my vrm portal but shortly. Now: no connexion. I have put a 3g dongle and it seems to be connected: it says for example: "no new firmware" when I check.

But my application doesn't recognize it.

The firmware was 2.11. I was able to download the new 2.33.

Maybe because of a bad setting.

So I put in copy the captures of the settings.

If you can see something wrong, please, tell me. Thank you.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

What does the 'gsm modem' page look like?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pycardie avatar image pycardie commented ·

Sorry. I am not around.

I will check when back.

But when I asked to check for a new update, it looked to work since it said no new update or something like that (before, without connexion, it sent an error message).

I am not sure but in my memory there is nothing for GSM modem, even with the dongle plugged: I will verify on Tuesday.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
misullivan avatar image
misullivan answered ·

#154 DNS Failure would seem to be the issue. Has the internet connection got working DNS?

2 |3000

pycardie avatar image
pycardie answered ·

Sorry for the late answer. I was not around then no battery.

Yes, you are right, the dongle did not work for internet. So there was nothing for GSM modem and it explains the message.

But it was the same with a phone as modem in V2.33. if I come back to v2.11, it works.

So I confirm that there is a bug with the 2.33 firmware today.

Now, do you know if I stay in v2.11, am I able to change the settings of my quattro through the VRM portal? I can see the settings but cannot change them...

2 |3000

djgagy avatar image
djgagy answered ·

Any update on the #154 error issue?

The problem is still avalable in the 2.52. version.

Does anyone knows how to get version 2.17? I am trying to find it but it is only available to victron professional.

8 comments
2 |3000

Rob Fijn avatar image Rob Fijn commented ·

Just curious, when you take out the Ethernet cable from the CCGX and put this is your laptop, do you have internet access ?

I guess we are missing the picture of the IP information.

0 Likes 0 ·
djgagy avatar image djgagy Rob Fijn commented ·

I have normal connection and data trasmitting over lan cable when on laptop. When it is connected to CCGX it looks like it is not get ip address so I changed it manually and then back set to automatic but the error is still present. I also connected to my router to check if the router is finding the CCGX but it is not, when I connect a laptop it appears.

0 Likes 0 ·
julzb avatar image julzb commented ·

I am also having this same issue with a ccgx. Hoping someone can help with this.

0 Likes 0 ·
djgagy avatar image djgagy julzb commented ·

What version of venus os firmware you have?

Some users reported if they downgraded to 2.11 the connection was back(not in my case).

0 Likes 0 ·
julzb avatar image julzb djgagy commented ·

I currently have the latest version running. Upgraded it via the SD card thinking this would solve the problem. I saw other posts about downgrading. Is there a link to instructions on how to downgrade the firmware version of the ccgx?

0 Likes 0 ·
djgagy avatar image djgagy commented ·

Today I tried to connect to ccgx through USB dongle/tethering and result was successful connection to vrm portal.

When connected with LAN cable ccgx is not getting ip address.

I think there is something to do with lan port.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Fijn avatar image Rob Fijn djgagy commented ·

Hello @djgagy, was this tethering done via the same gateway to the internet?

And what about setting the IP, submask, gateway and DNS manual in the CCGX.. does this work via the wired LAN connection.

0 Likes 0 ·
djgagy avatar image djgagy Rob Fijn commented ·

Gateway was different as it was done with android smartphone with usb cable connected directly to ccgx.

At the same time lan cable was connected(just in case) as the lan cable has more priority but either with automatic or manual ip address it is not working.

0 Likes 0 ·
lucode avatar image
lucode answered ·

Same problem here. For a long time I did assume something in the cabling was wrong, but today I could connect another device to the Ethernet cable that goes into the GX and it did work. I have V2.73 running and can't remember when it did work (on which FW). I tried to unplug WIFI dongle and did restart the GX. The LED's on the Ethernet plug is blinking in orange.
1637664622787.png

1637664622787.png (8.9 KiB)
2 |3000

steffenbrand2607 avatar image
steffenbrand2607 answered ·

Hi fellows,

does anybody have a solution for this problem? My CCGX is connected to the internet router via Ethernet cable. Firmware-Version of the CCGX is 2.64.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Steffen

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg (46.1 KiB)
2.jpg (46.0 KiB)
2 |3000