question

noia avatar image
noia asked

EasySolar 24/3000/70 not charging battery bank

Hi all,

i'm struggling to get my solar set up to charge the batterie of my battery bank.

The solar panels give the right output voltage of about 37-something volts but 0 Amps and Watts.
I've tried resetting and re-detecting the system on the EasySolar unit to no avail.
Also it gives no errors in the notifications section of the menu.

I reckon it's something relatively simple I've been omitting but I just can't get my head around it...
Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
Also let me know if you would require some more information if needed.

Here are the specifications of my set up build in on a MAN 4X4 overland camper truck.

5 x Canadian Solar CS6K-295MS panels (1475W in total).
One set of 2 panels and one set of 3 panels.

On the picture the panels are not wired up yet but you'll get the idea.

4x12v Victron Deep Cycle 220 Ah Gel Batteries in set up 24V / 440Ah configuration.

Here are the readings from the Connect app

battery chargingEasySolar All-in-OneSolar Panelvoltageamps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
noia avatar image
noia answered ·

I've been tinkering more with it now and its might be handy to know the EasySolar unit does not seem to detect the right battery voltages and shows 100% or fully charged no matter what actual voltage the batteries have.

Help? Anyone??

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

How long are your battery cables? Cable length and gauge can affect voltage readings as there will be a drop in voltage along the length.

Since it has been a while I do hope you have been able to solve your problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
dennis avatar image
dennis answered ·

Please show Screenshot of Setting Menu.

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic