question

bosvark avatar image
bosvark asked

Fronius and quattro on different phases

Hi all,

Some guidance please

In a 3 phase system (220V L-N) i want to use two 8.2kW Fronius Primo inverters on L2 and L3. Then on L1 a 10kVA Quattro with DC coupled PV.

My question is on the GX setup to show both fronius inverters, what are the location options in the GX as the fronius inverters are on different phases than the quattro.

Thanks

Fronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Bosvark

This should work just fine, you can select on what phases the PV inverters are installed.

You do need an energy meter (ET340) to measure the loads on all phases for a complete overview.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bosvark avatar image bosvark commented ·

The et340 is rated for 65A. What three phase Meter is recommended for above 65A maximum 100A?

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan bosvark commented ·

Hi @Bosvark

You can use the Carlo Gavazzi EM24DINAV53DISX, see this page: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:start

This meter uses CT’s for measurements above 65A / phase

0 Likes 0 ·
bosvark avatar image bosvark commented ·

Hi Daniel

If using SMA or SolarEdge PV inverters there is no zero feed-in support from the GX. Does this mean that the PV inverters has their own energy meters installed and does zero feed-in separate from the GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ bosvark commented ·

Hi @Bosvark

I don't know how this works with other brands than Fronius.

0 Likes 0 ·