question

dumontro avatar image
dumontro asked

Lithium titanate (LTO) support

Hi,

Does Lithium titanate (LTO) battery will be supported soon by Multiplus II charger/converter ?

Does Victron produce this kind of battery soon ?

Regards

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
ama avatar image
ama answered ·

Hi Victron Community,

we are running an ESS system, based on LTO cells since oct. 2019. Our config is a 22s4p with 35 Ah cells (in total 140 AH - 4p). Im charcing with a 9,5 kWp pv generator to 55 volts. (22 x 2,5 volts.). Total capacity is 7 kWh. The battery system has a passive BMS, which secures the system.

The config runs pretty good and keeps our grid usage very low. We are using CCGX and Multiplus II.

Our open source wallbox (www.openWB.de) is also included in the victron ESS system. It takes over the following information via Modbus/TCP (GRID input/output, ESS charging/discharching, ESS SoC). Our main goal is to do a solar production based BEV charging (BMW I3) and keep some energy back, to charge the LTO ESS batteries.

The system is very flexible and runs without any problems! The config and setup was very easy.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ted avatar image ted commented ·

Exist something like a VE Bus toolkit, to connect a extern BMS with the Vitron GX? I plan to add a 48V/200AH LTO Pack

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

As Victron don't currently sell a LTO type battery, you will be on your own in the DIY realm.

I can't see why an LTO battery would not work though. If you run the correct number of cells in series and have a proper BMS then it should be fine.
For a 48V nominal system Voltage, you could go with a 24S configuration. 2.3V/cell = 55.2V nominal and assuming a maximun cell Voltage of 2.6V/cell = 62.4V maximum which is within the limits for MultiPlus II (66V max.).

1 comment
2 |3000

raymond-nicolas avatar image raymond-nicolas commented ·

But how create communication between

-- The BMS of LTO private battery systèm

and

-- The (GX) Victron system ?

VE. bus ? CAN. bus ?

Modbus adaptateur ?

LTO is very better and more secure than LiFePO4 battery and more than 25000 cycles...

I want to connect a prototype qf sodium ion, on the Victron system , for me lithium-ion is out of date

Sorry for my bad english

RN

0 Likes 0 ·
dumontro avatar image
dumontro answered ·

Thanks for your answer.

I will check if I can find an appropriate LTO battery pack.

2 |3000

javialcala avatar image
javialcala answered ·

I have 25 LTO cell connect (35ah) to my victron multiplus II. I have configured multiplus ii max volt 62.5v (2.5v cell) min vol 50v (2v cell). System work very good

2 comments
2 |3000

kolfleading avatar image kolfleading commented ·

Did you test how much energy (kWh or at the least Ah) can you push / pull in each battery cycle with this configuration?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Ants Kosmos avatar image Ants Kosmos commented ·
what bms you have ?

0 Likes 0 ·
ama avatar image
ama answered ·

Hi All, i got my BMS and Batteries from here:

https://zukunftswerkstatt-verkehr.at/

1 comment
2 |3000

enrico126 avatar image enrico126 commented ·

Hey,

I also have the TITAN One. I'm still trying to find the perfect configuration.
Absorption Voltage, Float Voltage, etc..

Can you tell me what you have set in the VE Configure?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources