question

Erhan Dolak avatar image
Erhan Dolak asked

Scheduled Charge limit Multiplus 48/5000/70-100

Good Day,

I have been trying to figure out which device is limiting charging current in below setup. There is some magic 3700 watt somewhere hardcoded or configured in my setup but so far I could not yet find it.

status during scheduled charging:

Device list:

Byd 4x2.5kw B-Box device parameters

I face this 3700 magic number limit everywhere....

1. during sunny day PV max output seen as ~3700watt in MPPT 150/100 (despite panels are rated as ~5kw).

2. Multi compensates rest of the consumption from grid when energy usage (output inverted) is higher than 3700kw despite the battery is full and rated as 140A.

3. At last today I realized that when I schedule a charging in ESS setup, to fill the BYD 10kw cells in early morning, again the system transfers only ~3.7kw max to the battery .

I upgraded all components to latest version in last couple of weeks (multi to v460, ccgx v2.33, mppt v1.42, also using updated version of ESS assistant ) but nothing changed.

Battery and system is located quite cool dry environment with max temp of batteries goes up to 29C and its 230V system. Any guess?

Multiplus-IIMPPT ControllersCCGX Color ControlBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Dolak. Might your answer be within your question heading?

Multiplus 48/5000/**70**-100

The 'hardcoded' limit of 70A into 53V is ~3700W. I'm sure you'd see such regularly, and other things coincidental?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Erhan Dolak avatar image
Erhan Dolak answered ·

Yep, Good point JohnC. Now I need to figure out why the installer choose to put a bottleneck in the center of my setup.

I was focusing on the 5000 part of the specs always and did not realise the 70A charger limit below part of the specs.

Thanks

2 |3000