question

stokie77 avatar image
stokie77 asked

Can I make changes to Generator settings from within VRM Portal?

Today I've spent pretty well all the hours of daylight, and then some tonight, on trying to penetrate the thick defences of my Multiplus 170/50. All I want to do is tick the box to allow more tolerant generator standards, and untick the UPS button, so I can get my generator to charge.

I've tried the MK2 USB dongle with both Windows and Mac computers. I've tried to connect through bluetooth. I've finally managed to send into the nearest city for a long ethernet cable in order to connect to our internet router.

I've successfully installed VRM Portal, and though it is nice to see everything as seen on the colour control mirrored on my laptop, I STILL can't see how to get into the generator settings.

I've worked fairly intensively with computers since 1990, both Windows and Mac, and yet the installing of the USB drivers for the dongle cost me 4 hours, despite following all the instructional videos and reading forums.

Is there anything else anyone can suggest to get me in to where I need to go?

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingGeneratorremote consolemodifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ceriw avatar image
ceriw answered ·

You need to install VE Configure from the downloads section. You will then be able to change the change settings on your multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

In VRM Portal, click 'Device List' > 'Remote VEConfigure'.

It will grab the file from your Multi (around the world & back?), you change it, then send it back. The easy way, but have a little patience if you have long pings to the German? server.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.