question

Matthew C avatar image
Matthew C asked

Recent BYD firmware possibly more accurate current readings

Did a firmware update yesterday of a system with 2 x BYD B-PLUS2.5 & a MultiPlus 2 3kVA. I've noticed the BYD is reporting currents down to 0.1A (just the Venus GX running). Steps up to 0.3A (MultiPlus 2 running with no load). The SOC seems to be more accurate too. Previously I don't think it would resolve below 1A and the SOC would be inaccurate after being left overnight.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Updates were from Alps Power site, BMU upgraded to v4.23, batteries to 4.12. All Victron firmware is latest.

Cheers, Matthew

BYD
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Wow, that would be amazing news. I will have to run some tests.

Thanks for reporting.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthew C avatar image
Matthew C answered ·

Unfortunately the behaviour seems to be inconsistent, sometimes it shows a more 'granular' value, sometimes not. All i'm really interested in is a more accurate SOC though and I haven't worked out if it is or not. Spoke with the AU distributor Alps and they said it may depend on how many battery modules are in the system. Maybe it's only happening when one module is slightly more charged than the others and it's reporting very low currents - if they're all sharing the load it may not be able to resolve that low value.

Anyway it would be great to hear from someone who works on the BYD firmware / Victron software!

Cheers, Matthew

venus.png (32.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

octogx avatar image
octogx answered ·

this would be great as it would solve the soc issues when systems are left in standby for long periods of time.

Any more info on this?

2 |3000