question

norg avatar image
norg asked

Synchronize & calibrate functions not working

I have just installed a Victron bmv 712 unit in my boat. Setup for house and started battery banks. The display shows voltage of main and auxillary batteries, but is giving a fixed amp and watt reading, both positive and both excessive, I have worked the setup program and consulted the manual, making sure all functions are turned on. I tried the synchronize and zero calibrate functions on both the head unit and phone and they do nothing. I did this with all input power shut off, batteries fully charged. Then applied fridge & other components to see the draw...no change. ie. it is not reading current or power. I tried reversing the negative battery terminals on the shunt...no change.

I see others have had similar problems but do not clearly see the answer. Is this a defective unit? Surely not the cable. I have not taken a photo of the shunt installation but will attach soon.

Thanks.

BMV Battery Monitorvictron productsinstallationmonitoringamps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

It sounds like either a wiring issue or a defective unit. Sync and calibrate are irrelevant, since you should see the current reading changing regardless of whether those have happened.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page