question

isaac-coffie avatar image
isaac-coffie asked

I just want to know how many 220AH Victron batteries can be connected to 12V/1600VA/70AMP Victron inverter.

battery chargingbatterybattery system voltagebattery capacity
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai avatar image kai ♦ commented ·

Can you confirm that you really mean Victron inverter, or do you mean a Victron inverter/charger, seeing you tagged with battery charging as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

An inverter only cares about the voltage of your bank, not the Ah or the number of batteries that comprise the bank. As long as they're all in parallel, you can hook it up to as many batteries as you want.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

julian avatar image julian commented ·

I guess we also need to consider the time required for charging the whole bank, agree with you that we need to connect all of them in parallel to keep the 12v but with 8 batteries we'll have 8*220Ah=1760Ah to charge in an 8 solar day? just a guess I', not an expert.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You should not connect more than 3 batterys with 220Ah. The reason is the maximum charging current of 70A. If you connect more batterys the charging current is to low to change the batterys correct.

3 comments
2 |3000

kai avatar image kai ♦ commented ·

I initially posted something like this, I don't know if the OP is referring to an inverter or an inverter/charger...

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ kai ♦ commented ·

"12V/1600VA/70AMP"

70AMP means it is a MultiPlus Compact.

0 Likes 0 ·
kai avatar image kai ♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

In which case, I fully agree with your comment :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic