question

evofxdwg avatar image
evofxdwg asked

BMV 712: How many relays and physical connection?

I can't find a picture, wiring diagram, or list of relay physical connections to the BMV-712 Smart in any of the posted Victron documentation.

But the manual defines all of these relay functions: "alarm relay", "low voltage relay", "SOC relay", "high voltage relay", "low starter voltage relay", "high starter voltage relay", "high temperature relay", "mid voltage relay".

In googling around, I found what claims to be a picture of the back of the BMV-712 with only two wire connection that might be a single relay interface. I don't know if that picture is accurate.

Are there multiple relays for user external connection or one? If one, are all those functions mentioned for setup using the same relay, implying I need to use the USB data connection to determine which function toggled the (single relay)?

I need this information to design my system.

BMV Battery MonitorVEConfigure 3wiringRelaywiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

"I need this information to design my system. "

The BMV has one relay. You get to configure it (via software) for desired use/function.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Wiring Unlimited Book