question

carloa avatar image
carloa asked

LoRaWan - TTN - data not received in VRM

Hi my installation has a LoRaWAN module connected to the TTN.

(BMV712 and SmartSolar MPPT)

I reinstalled it. lorawan module is connected (green led), I can see the payload date on TTN-Gateway console, but it not being shown on VRM.

(last update 2 months ago)

How can I fix this?

My installation : https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/37358/share/c29673ac

Thank you,

Carlos

LoRaWAN
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Lasse avatar image
Lasse answered ·

Hi Carlos,

I see that the last daily update was 4 hours ago and the last hourly update was from 31 minutes ago. LoRaWAN is a lossy network it is very possible that some packets have been lost in transmission this is normal for this type of network. The daily update contains the information that does not change over time like the device ID. The hourly update sends the most important data:

MPPT Solar Charger

• Solar Power
  • Battery Voltage
  • Battery Current
  • Battery Power
  • Error code (see here for the definitions)
  • Charge state (Off, Bulk, Absorption, Equalize, Float)

For more information please also check the online manual:
https://docs.victronenergy.com/vedirect_lorawan.html

I hope this resolves your question.

Lasse

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carloa avatar image carloa commented ·

Hi Lasse,

Thanks for looking it up.

Actually it suddenly started working after trying for 4 days and plugging/unplugging 20 times. I don't know why? It seems fine now. Any clues?

Thanks again,

Carlos

0 Likes 0 ·
Lasse avatar image Lasse ♦♦ carloa commented ·

Hi Carlos, unfortunately, I have no way to diagnose the problem. Maybe it is the lossy network, maybe something is going wrong in the gateway. It is hard to say at this point. Plugging and unplugging the unit for 20 times is not what we are aiming for as a solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
carloa avatar image carloa Lasse ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the help Lasse.

So far, so good (Y)

0 Likes 0 ·
Lasse avatar image Lasse ♦♦ carloa commented ·

Great to hear that it is working as it should. Thanks for reaching out to us on the Victron Community!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic