question

randolf avatar image
randolf asked

OctoGX RS485 Energy Meter for Loads only

Good Evening,

I would like to know how I could go about assigning a Carlo Gavazzi EM24DINAV53DISX connected via RS485 to an OctoGX as a Load only Meter situated downstream of an Off-grid Victron Quattro, Genset and Fronius installation?

Is there an option under Role that allows it to act as a Reporting only Meter?

I don’t want it to perform any control functionality and the system will not be set up as an ESS system.

Kind Regards

Randolf

Energy Metergx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

There is no meter role for monitoring / reporting only.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

randolf avatar image randolf commented ·

Thank you WKirby.

Apparently there is a way that I could add it in one of the other three Roles that it would not perform control.

I look forward to learning which one would work.

I will have a Fronius Connected on the AC Out 1 Bus.

On the AC In 1 Bus I will have A Genset connected.

It will also have Four MPPTs.

If I use the Load Meter in Grid Role although there is only a Genset, surely it will attempt to control something?

If I use the Load Meter in PV Inverter Role, will it attempt to throttle the Fronius and MPPTs regardless of the battery SOC?

WIll it overwrite the values that it reads from the Fronius and the four MPPTs?

If I use the Load Meter in Genset Role, will it attempt to stop the already stopped Genset if it sees power when it has already sent a stop command? Or would it never send a start command due to the fact that it sees Genset Power Already?

Will it overwrite the Genset Values that are measured on the sum of all my Inverters AC-IN1 ?

First prize would be a functionality where a Meter can just be added as a Load (Consumption) Meter Role.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Energy Meter Selection Guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic