question

warnersw avatar image
warnersw asked

Recommended current limit setting for a digital multi control panel

I have a digital multi control panel along with MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80, what is the recommended setting for the current limit?

Digital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It depends upon what the maximum current of your supply is. The idea of the Digital Multi Control is to limit the ammount of current that the MultiPlus takes when on weak shore connections.
The MultiPlus limits its self to within its own specifications if shore power is not limited or the limits are more than the MultiPlus could load it with.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stavarda avatar image
stavarda answered ·

White-paper-Achieving-the-impossible-EN.pdf @warnersw

i found this white paper explained the DMC and ho wit works very well

2 |3000

ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

I have severe problems with the current limiter on my Multiplus 12/3000 and made some measurements with a stable load condition ~1300W :

with a limiter setting of 4-10A the AC1 will read 8.3 A, DC helps with ~7A.

with a limiter > 10A all load will come from AC1, battery is charging

with a limit < 4A all load will be switched to the battery.

Most camp-sites work with 5 or 6A cirquit-breakers, the Multiplus is not suited for the application.

I just changed from a 12/2000 to the 12/3000 because I thought the older 2000 had a problem, could have saved the money and the work.

2 |3000

ludo avatar image
ludo answered ·

OK, so i now checked some things, changed battery from "individual" to LiOn, set charge current to 120A and send the settings to the MultiPlus.

BUT, this time (for the first time) i didn't send only the modified, but ALL settings.

Now my AC-current limit is working, AND my DC-sense- wiring is working.

Thanks for nothing, Victron.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic