question

rpostill avatar image
rpostill asked

Two multiplus parallel separate AC Banks same Battery

Is it possible to run two Multiplus's in Parallel but have the AC Outputs on different circuits?

IE:

SHORE 1 -> Multiplus 1-> AC Bank 1

......................... \ DC /

Battery Bank ---------> DC Bank

......................... / DC \

SHORE 2 - > Multiplus 2-> AC Bank 2

I am current on a Catamaran and my Port / Starboard hulls have two completely separate AC Banks that I do not want to combine. I would like to use a separate Multiplus per bank with the same battery bank. When I turn on inverter power I am ok with turning on inverter on both sides at the same time.

This does go against what it says here https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems that the AC Current should be balanced amongst each Multiplus. As the port side might draw 500W where the starboard will be drawing 0W.

Regards,

Rob

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kai avatar image
kai answered ·

Don't see why not. The document you're pointing to is about syncing the outputs of the multipluses that have their outputs wired together in parallel - which you're not doing.

Do make sure that the charge settings on both multiplus are identical to maximise charging capability. (edit: there's more on this forum around charge settings for interacting parallel chargers, so recommend doing a bit more research on this unless someone else chips in)

I don't know if smart displays such as CCGX are flexible enough to handle this configuration though.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rpostill avatar image rpostill commented ·

Multiple multiplus's cannot exist on the same network unless they are Parallel or Multi-phase. I want them to be on the same network controlled by the same CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·