question

david-morgan avatar image
david-morgan asked

Victron 24/3000 shutting down despite 95% battery SOC

My Victron 24/3000 has started to shut down with a 1kw load applied (electric ring) despite the BMV700 monitor indicating a 95% SOC. My system has 8 12volt 105a/h (total 840a/h) lead acid batteries configured to provide 24volts. I just wondered if perhaps the battery capacity setting of 840 in the monitor settings is correct? Or if not perhaps the SOC reading is thus incorrect?

VictronConnectinverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kai avatar image
kai answered ·

If you have 8 12v batteries in total, and they're configured as a 24v pack (whether it be 4P2S or 2S4P configuration), you have a 24V 420AH pack. Fix the capacity setting, go through a charge cycle to reset the BMV and see how it goes from there.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

david-morgan avatar image david-morgan commented ·

Many thanks for your answer. I had capacity set at 840, so will now reset to 420 and go through charge cycle to see what happens!

0 Likes 0 ·
treejohnny avatar image
treejohnny answered ·

Kia is correct your battery monitor is not set up correctly. If the inverter is shutting down, there is an issue of voltage, I believe it comes with 23.5v for low voltage cut off. There could be an issue of battery cables loose, too small or too long giving a voltage loss at the inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

david-morgan avatar image david-morgan commented ·

Many thanks for your answer. I had capacity set at 840, so will now reset to 420 and go through charge cycle to see what happens!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic