question

dougysprings avatar image
dougysprings asked

Rename system or delete someone that has access to system via vrm portal

Hi, my system was setup by a friend of a friend, and they sent me a link to log in and see my system via the VRM Portal, after a few breaches of trust from my friends friend, i do not want them to be able to log in and scroll through my system, can i rename my system so only i can log in? i have removed the router cable, but i also then cannot log in, so yeah, do i have to reconnect to the internet in order to change the setting? or can it be done direct Ethernet to laptop ?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Permissions for VRM are set in VRM itself,

Vrm.Victonenergy.com

Under Settings -> Users

The GX device does not need to be connected to the internet to do this.

You may be able to do this yourself. However permission to modify those users rests with the Full access users. Which your friends friend might be, instead of you, if they set up the system.

If you do not have full access to your own site, it would be easiest to discuss this with the Friends, friend.

If that is not possible, you will need to get in touch with a Victron Distributor, with proof of possession and legal ownership. They can then make a request to a Victron Sales Manager for your region.

If you cannot resolve it directly, Please use this form to get rolling with the alternative:

https://ve3.nl/help

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.