question

Willem & Elize Heyneke avatar image
Willem & Elize Heyneke asked

10kVA Victron Quatro, Pylontech batteries, Blue Solar MPPT 150/85, Color Controller GX, compatibility

I have the above system with the Pylontech batteries as the latest upgrade due to failure of Deltech Lead crystal batteries. It seems that the Blue Solar MPPT chargers are communicating at the 250bit Baud rate and the rest must now communicate at the 500bit Baud rate.

Current workaround is to set the Quatro as the BMS and have the rest of the system at the 250bit which is not perfect.

What is the most cost effective solution?

MPPT ControllersCCGX Color ControlPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Sorry to say, the CANbus MPPT’s without a VE.Direct port are not supported with Pylontech.

They should not be used, as that MPPT is unable to regulate charge current via DVCC which is required for safe use of Pylontech.

This is mentioned briefly in the Victron Pylontech manual -

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Willem & Elize Heyneke avatar image Willem & Elize Heyneke commented ·

Thanks Guy, what is your suggested configuration that is required to get the systems communicating?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Willem & Elize Heyneke commented ·

Please read that Pylontech manual completely. It is all in there.

The supported MPPT's for a Pylontech system are the VE.Direct models.

The CANbus is then only used for the Pylontech battery at 500kbit.

If you have read that manual, and it still is not clear, then let me know and I may be able to explain it better.

0 Likes 0 ·